The Naval Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps is a leadership and citizenship development program dedicated to giving all young men and women a head start in life. NJROTC develops the self-discipline, self-confidence, and leadership skills necessary to individual success.
The program is conducted at high schools throughout the nation, and taught by instructors who are retired Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard officers and enlisted personnel.
Classroom instruction is augmented throughout the year by extra-curricular activities of community service, academic, drill and orienteering competitions, visits to naval or other activities, and physical fitness training.
CHAIN OF COMMAND
Commander in Chief: The Honorable Joseph R. Biden
Secretary of Defense: The Honorable Lloyd J. Austin III
Secretary of the Navy: The Honorable Carlos Del Toro
Chief of Naval Operations: Admiral Michael M. Gilday
Naval Education Training Command: Rear Admiral Peter A. Garvin
Naval Service Training Command: Rear Admiral Jennifer S. Couture
NJROTC Area 4 Manager: Commander Jimmie Miller
Senior Naval Science Instructor: Lieutenant Commander Derrick Randle
Naval Science Instructor: Chief Petty Officer William Squires
- Take charge of this post and all government property in view.
- Walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
- Report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
- Repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guard house or quarterdeck than my own.
- Quit my post only when properly relieved.
- Receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Deck, and Officers and Petty Officers of the Watch only.
- Talk to no one except in the line of duty.
- Give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
- Call the Officer of the Deck in any case not covered by instructions.
- Salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.
- Be especially watchful at night, and, during the time for challenging, challenge all persons on or near my post and allow no one to pass without proper authority.