FAMILY IS IMPORTANT AT WATSON...
FAMILY PAINT NIGHT
Our first annual Family Paint Night was a HUGE success with over 100 people in attendance! Thank you to all the families who took the time to come out and paint magnificent murals to brighten up the walls in our school! Be sure to stop in next September to see new look!
SUMMER READING/WRITING IDEAS
Studies show that students who continue to read and write over the summer months do better in school. Below are some ideas to keep your child actively reading and writing by incorporating it into everyday activities.
(1) watching TV with the sound off and closed captioning on
(2) reading directions for how to play a new game
(3) helping with meals by writing up a grocery list, finding things in the grocery store, and reading the recipe aloud for mom or dad during cooking time
(4) recycle old notebooks and create summer journals or scrapbooks where children can record their summer activities to share in September
(5) get familiar with local library programs offered during the school break
(6) be a role model for your child...when they see you reading, they'll want to be like you
(7) help your child with school summer reading activities that will be given to your child the last week of school