Welcome to the
On behalf of the Silvia School staff, we welcome you to an exciting new year. Together, we are committed to a high quality, safe learning environment.
- Here are some logistics about our school:
- Student start and end times are Monday 7:25 am – 2:30 pm and Tuesday to Friday 7:25 am – 3:40 pm.
- School Spirit wear is the clothing that students are required to wear everyday to school. Click here to learn more about it. School logos can be purchased at the school for $0.50; gently used Spirit wear is also sold for a fraction of the cost.
- The Silvia Star is a parent newsletter that is sent out at the beginning of each month to discuss school-wide events and highlight student work. Please check your child's backpack regularly for the newsletter and notices from teachers and administration.
- The Silvia School has both morning and afternoon daycare. The cost for morning daycare is $2/day per child while in the afternoon, $10/day for the first child and five for every additional child. Daycare begins on the first day of school, and you can stop by to sign up or click here for the forms.
Silvia School Focus: Science, Technology, Engineering & Math
At the Silvia School, students participate in STEM classes to further their learning in science. Our teachers have been working on revamping the science curriculum so that it meets the current NGSS standards that have been in place in January. In the spring of 2016, Kindergarteners learned about solids, liquids, and gases and the way in which a mixture changes depending on the temperature. The students made ice cream to demonstrate how easily and delicious things can be. First grade students had the opportunity to investigate light and sound and developing their scientific vocabulary on how light moves.