Pamela L. Pacheco
417 Rock Street
Fall River, MA 02720
508-675-8420 ext. 414
Exploring the Landscape of Fractions
This workshop explores the development of rational numbers. Through investigations, looking at student work, video analysis, and guided number strings, participants will construct developmental trajectories related to fractions. The session will begin by exploring early development of fractions using the fair-sharing context and evolve into rich investigations and mathematical tasks that support students’ ability to solve
problems, construct arguments, and defend their reasoning related to fractions. Click here for more information.
Be sure to sign up using your X2 account - MAT 2020. The course will close on Thursday, March 20th. Registration is for the first 30 participants.
Using a Twitter Account for Professional Development
Use Twitter for professional development by following organizations that share lots of great news and insights that apply to your professional development. Use Twitter as a source for current awareness. Click here for more information.
Click here for a list of organizations to connect with using your Twitter account.
Information about Applying for Recertification
Click here for information about professional development activities that count toward recertification.
Professional Development Videos & Resources
- Common Core State Standards VIDEO: See an introduction to the new Common Core state standards including background on the design process, key features, and major differences
- Rigor and the Common Core State Standards VIDEO: The Common Core State Standards are rigorous, but it's what the teacher does in the classroom that will put the standards into action. This video will help you understand how to put the expectations of the standards into actions.
- Common Core LiveBinder: This binder provides an organized collection of resources for the ELA Common Core State Standards.
- Academic Vocabulary VIDEO: This is a workshop presented by Susan Pimentel, the lead writer on the Common Core English standards.
- Text Complexity VIDEO: Discussion of the 3 aspects of text complexity.
- Close Reading Part I VIDEO & Close Reading Part II VIDEO: Dr. Douglas Fisher discusses close reading and how it relates to the Common Core State Standards for English/Language Arts.
- Writing in the Common Core VIDEO: The video discusses the required mastery of three kinds of writing.
- Resources for Finding Informational and Nonfiction Texts: This site provides you with a list of resources.