Pamela L. Pacheco
417 Rock Street
Fall River, MA 02720
508-675-8420 ext. 414
JANUARY 26, 2015 - PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT HAPPENINGS
Click here for information on the professional development sessions.
Using a Twitter Account for Professional Development
Use Twitter for professional development by following organizations that share lots of great news and insights that apply to your professional development. Use Twitter as a source for current awareness. Click here for more information.
Click here for a list of organizations to connect with using your Twitter account.
Information about Recertification
Click here for information about professional development activities that count toward recertification.
Professional Development Videos & Resources
- Common Core State Standards VIDEO: See an introduction to the new Common Core state standards including background on the design process, key features, and major differences
- Rigor and the Common Core State Standards VIDEO: The Common Core State Standards are rigorous, but it's what the teacher does in the classroom that will put the standards into action. This video will help you understand how to put the expectations of the standards into actions.
- Common Core LiveBinder: This binder provides an organized collection of resources for the ELA Common Core State Standards.
- Academic Vocabulary VIDEO: This is a workshop presented by Susan Pimentel, the lead writer on the Common Core English standards.
- Text Complexity VIDEO: Discussion of the 3 aspects of text complexity.
- Close Reading Part I VIDEO & Close Reading Part II VIDEO: Dr. Douglas Fisher discusses close reading and how it relates to the Common Core State Standards for English/Language Arts.
- Writing in the Common Core VIDEO: The video discusses the required mastery of three kinds of writing.
- Resources for Finding Informational and Nonfiction Texts: This site provides you with a list of resources.