Pamela L. Pacheco
417 Rock Street
Fall River, MA 02720
508-675-8420 ext. 414
View District's Professional Development Hours
Hours for sessions offered by the district may be viewed in X2 by the following:
- Click the top tab - MY INFO
- Click the side tab - PD PLANS
- Click ACTIVITIES
Click each session to view more information about the session.
SAVE THE DATES FOR SUMMER INSTITUTES
- Math Institute for grades K-5 is scheduled for August 19th, 20th and 21st.
- Literacy Institute for grades K-5 is scheduled for August 22nd and 23rd.
- Literacy Institute for grades 6-12 is scheduled for August 12th and 13th.
- Math Institute for grades 6-12 is scheduled for August 14th and 15th.
The four-day institute for principals is scheduled to take place from Monday, July 28 through August 1.
Professional Development Offerings
Year 2 and Year 3 Teachers
- Share your experiences with colleagues and earn the additional mentoring hours beyond your first year! Sign up now on X2 - IND-1010. Click here fore more information.
WIDA 101 - The purpose of these trainings is to further develop participants' understanding of the WIDA English Language Development standards. Choose from one of the dates listed in X2. Sign up now - ELL - 7070.
- WIDA 201 - Learn how to integrate the WIDA standards into district curricula. Transform your curriculum to meet the needs of various ELD levels by building academic literacy in all central areas. Choose from one of the dates listed in X2. Sign up now on X2 - ELL-8080.
Science - NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- This workshop for K-12 teachers is designed to inspire participants to become excited about NASA's lunar missions, and subsequent research, and to provide meaningful content, information, activities, and resources necessary to become certified in the lunar sample-borrowing program offered by NASA. The workshop takes place on June 7 from 8:30 - 3:00 at Kuss Middle School Community Room. Sign up now on X2 - SCI -1010. Enrollment will close on Friday, May 31st. Permission needed from building principal to attend. Click here for more information.
- Observing and Analyzing Teaching (OAT) with Research for Better Teaching: New cohorts are ready to start. If you are a newly appointed administrator, sign up on X2 4040-2. Click here for more information.
Using a Twitter Account for Professional Development
Use Twitter for professional development by following organizations that share lots of great news and insights that apply to your professional development. Use Twitter as a source for current awareness. Click here for more information.
Click here for a list of organizations to connect with using your Twitter account.
Professional Development Videos & Resources
- Common Core State Standards VIDEO: See an introduction to the new Common Core state standards including background on the design process, key features, and major differences
- Rigor and the Common Core State Standards VIDEO: The Common Core State Standards are rigorous, but it's what the teacher does in the classroom that will put the standards into action. This video will help you understand how to put the expectations of the standards into actions.
- Common Core LiveBinder: This binder provides an organized collection of resources for the ELA Common Core State Standards.
- Academic Vocabulary VIDEO: This is a workshop presented by Susan Pimentel, the lead writer on the Common Core English standards.
- Text Complexity VIDEO: Discussion of the 3 aspects of text complexity.
- Close Reading Part I VIDEO & Close Reading Part II VIDEO: Dr. Douglas Fisher discusses close reading and how it relates to the Common Core State Standards for English/Language Arts.
- Writing in the Common Core VIDEO: The video discusses the required mastery of three kinds of writing.
- Resources for Finding Informational and Nonfiction Texts: This site provides you with a list of resources.