Welcome to Mary L. Fonseca
Elementary Physical Education!
What's happening in your child's class? For the remainder of January and parts of February, student's in K-5 Will be focusing on the sport of Basketball. Expected outcomes are listed below. We are incorporating several FUN lead-up activities to help enhance these grade level outcomes. Ask your child about them.
· Use two hands to bounce and catch a large playground ball
- Use two hands to bounce and catch a ball while traveling forward
First Grade ~
· Dribble a ball in self space using one, then the other, hand
- Dribble a ball in self space while switching from one hand to the other.
Second Grade ~
· Dribble a ball in self space using both hands
- Dribble while moving to the right and left on a signal
- Dribble and change from one speed to another and from one pathway to another on a signal
Third Grade ~
· · Dribble a ball in self space, using alternating hands.
· Dribble and change direction and speed at the signal.
- Dribble and change pathways at the signal
Fourth Grade ~
· · Dribble continuously while stopping and starting traveling at the signal
· Dribble while keeping the ball away from stationary opponents
- Travel, dribble and chest/bounce pass the ball to a stationary partner
Fifth Grade ~
· Dribble while traveling in a group without touching others or stationary objects
- Dribble and smoothly change pathways
- Dribble and change from one speed to another without stopping
- Dribble and throw a leading pass to a moving partner using chest or bounce pass
- Use a variety of relationships with others to play or design a small group game